Asset & Invoice Lifecycle Management
What is Lifecycle Management?
Your organisation's communications investment is a complex mixture of equipment, devices, agreements and services. A big mash-up of CAPEX and OPEX.
Your equipment and devices progress from initial procurement and commissioning, into their operational lives, and right through until their replacement and disposal. Your communications services progress from initial negotiation, into the operational service periods and regular invoice and billing cycles, through to end-of-contract and contract re-negotiations.
Managing these twin tracks of CAPEX and OPEX all the way from procurement to payment is Lifecycle Management.
Asset and Invoice Lifecycle Management is the surest way to reduce your communications spend fast, without reducing your organisation's services.
The provision of an auditable, efficient record of resource inventory and cost centre allocations, reconciled against invoices. As part of the complete cost management service, Smartbill will:
- Identify all services on nominated accounts.
- Identify cost centres for that service which allows monthly cost centre reporting.
- Identify all new services, to ensure bill costs are allocated.
- Enable a direct feed into your current General Ledger, i.e. update GL via JDE, SAP, Oracle, etc. for each business division.
Smartbill provides detailed analytical reports for senior management and process / procurement owners.
These reports allow validation of telecom bills, traffic analysis, usage patterns, mobile plan changes, data circuit analysis, internet broadband usages and utilisation. The scope of work includes optimising existing services based on locations, usage, with advice on migrating to new plans which achieve savings.
Smartbill also provides crystal report functionality that allows users to select specific rows and columns from a compatible data source to assist ad hoc analysis.
All standard and customer specific customised reports can be made available online via the Smartbill customer web portal, or by email on an agreed monthly date. Exception reports are also available and represent proactive approaches to managing expenses.
Billing & Information Management
- Smartbill assists in daily fleet management that includes automatic item-by-item reconciliation of communications bills. Once invoice management is standardised it will allow an organisation to:
- Improve cost monitoring and verification.
- Review invoices for errors and automate payment.
- Provide auditable reports enabling a detailed understanding of how businesses strategically utilise their communications program.
- User reports also allow management to identify and remedy poor usage or poor user behaviours, therefore reducing fleet costs.
- Smartbill allows you to off-load the clerical functions of invoice processing.
- Smartbill's highly qualified team of experts ensures the service flexibility required to meet the unique needs of our customers.
Catalogue & Order Management
- Smartbill provides catalogue & order management through our affiliates via online order processing facilities, which allow for managed support for your communications services. This includes placing communications service orders on your behalf and carrying out all activities including Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs), allowing your staff to refocus on their core activities.
- Our customised purchase order requestion system, with tracking of all network and hardware purchase orders, includes:
- Customised, secure website designed for our customers with username and passwords for all authorised representatives, with varying levels of access.
- Centralised ordering and tracking.
- Hardware catalogue & order management, handling and administration, e.g. purchasing and delivery.
- National management of all your services - mobile fleet and mobile data services.
- Single point of contact for activations/ de-activations of all telecommunications services.
- Online tracking and status for order fulfilment for PBX, fixed, mobile, data, IT and other ICT requests.
- Technology updates. Relevant industry information on new device technology is available through the customer online portal.
- Consultancy on telecommunications solutions to assist business activities.